Unit 2 : School talks
E. Language Focus
1. Education Aims: Distinguish the sound /^/ from the sound /a:/
Students revise Wh-questions and V-ing and to infinitive.
a. General knowledge: – informal letters.
b. Language: – Pronunciation: / ^/ and /a:/ – Wh- questions
– V-ing and to infinitive.
+ Speaking: – work in pairs to ask and answer Wh- questions.
+ Reading: – Read words and sentences aloud.
-Read the passages and sentences silently to do the exercises.
+ Problems: pronounce / ^/ and /a:/ correctly.
Grammar and vocabulary (Ngữ pháp và từ vựng)
Exercise 1. Make questions for the following response. (Đặt câu hỏi cho các câu trả lời sau.)
1. When did you arrive here/ come?
2. How long did you stay here?
3. Who did you come with?
4. Where do you live?
5. Why do you come to this city?/ Why do you like learning English?
6. Sorry, what time is it?
7. How many children do your friends/ they have?
Exercise 2. Fill each blank with an -ing or to + infinitive form of the verbs in brackets. (Điền vào chỗ trống một dạng -ing hoặc to + nguyên mẫu của các động từ trong ngoặc.)
1. to hear
6. to pay
7. to go
Exercise 3. Complete the following sentences, using an -ing or to + infinitive form of the verbs in the box. (Hoàn thành các câu sau, sử dụng một dạng -ing hoặc to + nguyên mẫu của các động từ trong khung.)
1. It was a nice day. so we decided to go for a walk.
2. I’m not in a hurry. I don’t mind waiting.
3. They were hungry, so she suggested having dinner early.
4. I’m still looking for a job but I hope to find something soon.
5. We must do something. We can’t go on living like this.
6. Could you please stop making so much noise?
7. Our neighbour threatened to call the police if we don’t stop the noise.
8. Lan was in a difficult situation, so I agreed to lend her some money.
9. Suddenly everybody stopped talking.
10. Don’t forget to post the leller I gave you.
Xem thêm : Unit 2 School talks (D. Writing) Trang 27-28 Sách Giáo Khoa Tiếng Anh 10