Unit 14 : The World Cup
1. General knowledge: Information about PelÐ, the most famous footballer in the world.
2. Language: – Vocabulary on football. – The simple past tense.
3. Skills: – Listening: Listen and fill in the table, and answer the questions.
– Speaking: Talk about important events in Pele’s life.
Before you listen (Trước khi bạn nghe)
– Name some of the most famous football players in the world. Who do you like best? Why? (Hãy kể tên một số cầu thủ bóng đá nổi tiếng thế giới. Bạn thích cầu thủ nào nhất? Tại sao?)
Gợi ý :
Pélé – Platini
Among them, I like the player Pelé best. because through the films about him.I find that he was a skilful and talented player. He seemed to be bom to play football. How skilfully he played in a match ! Personally, he concluded the ball through a lot of players of the other leam and directly to the goal and made a score dramatically after some tricks to decuive the goalkeeper. I think till now there has probably been no such a lalented player!
– Listen and repeat.
goal-scorer: người ghi bàn ambassador: đại sứ
hero: anh hùng retirement: sự nghỉ hưu
kicking: quả đá, cú đá promote: thăng tiến, thúc đẩy
championship: giải vô địch, chức vô địch
While you listen (Trong khi bạn nghe)
Task 1. You will hear some information about Pelé, a famous Brazillian football player. Listen and complete the table below. (Bạn sẽ nghe một số thông tin về Pelé, một cầu thủ bóng đá nổi tiếng người Brazil. Nghe và hoàn thành bảng dưới đây.)
Gợi ý :
Task 2. Listen again and answer the following questions. (Nghe lại và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. What was Pelé famous for as a football player? (Là cầu thủ bóng đá, Pelé nổi tiếng vì điều gì?)
=> As a football player, Pelé was famous for his powerful kicking and controlling the ball.
2. How many World Cups did he participate in? (Ông ấy đã tham gia bao nhiêu kì World Cup?)
=> He participated in three World Cups.
3. Where did he play football before he retired? (Ông ấy đã chơi bóng ở đâu trước khi giải nghệ?)
=> He played for an American football club before retired.
4. What did Pelé do after his retirement? (Pelé đã làm gì sau khi giải nghệ?)
=> He became an international ambassador for the sport, working to promote peace and understanding
through friendly sport activities.
After you listen (Sau khi bạn nghe)
Work in groups. Talk about the milestones in Pelé’s life. (Làm việc nhóm. Hãy nói về các sự kiện quan trọng trong cuộc đời của Pelé.)
– Born 23rd October, 1940 in Tres Coracoes, Brazil
– Full name: Edison Arantes do Nascimento
– Playing position: forward/striker
Pelé – The King of football
+ From 1952 to 1956: he played for Bauru AC, Brazil
+ From 1956 to 1974: he played for Santos, Brazil
+ 1962: he led the team to its first world club championship
– Pelé became the only player to participated in three World Cup in 1958, 1962, 1970
– He retired in 1977
– After retirement, he became an international ambassador for the sport.
TAPESCRIPT – Nội dung bài nghe:
Pelé is considered one of the greatest football payers of all time. He was born in 1940 in Brazil. As a football player, Pelé was famous for his powerful kicking and controlling the ball. He joined a Brazilian Football Club in 1956, and in 1962 he led the team to its first world cup championship. Pelé became the only player to participate in three World Cups in 1958, 1962 and 1970. By 1974, Pelé had score 1,200 goals and became a Brazilian natinoal hero. He played for an American football club for two years before he retired in 1977. Later Pelé became an international ambassador for the sport, working to promote peace and understanding through friendly sport activities.
Xem thêm : Unit 14 The World Cup (B. Speaking) Trang 145-146-147 Sách Giáo Khoa Tiếng Anh 10